Shogo Yokoyama has a degree in film and cinema from the Tokyo University of Arts. As sound designer and assistant film editor, he has worked with Amir Naderi. The special guest of this year’s Fajr festival has also worked with Abbas Kiarostami in Like Someone in Love (2012).
You discussed your movie with the audience. What were the main topics?
It was a question and answer session. We talked extensively about my working experiences with Kiarostami and Naderi. If you ask me, the experiences were great. After all, these were two great filmmakers, each with its own merits. Amir was so passionate about film. Quite the contrary, Kiarostami was composed and sharp-eyed. They both had different styles and techniques. I enjoyed every minute of it.
What did you like most about this year’s festival?
So far, it’s been fantastic. The venue, the organized space and program, including people, they are all helpful and great. I like the local food, though. Fajr is one of the best festivals in the world. There have been some minor issues about the program schedule, but in general, it’s been one of my best experiences with film festivals so far.
Any plan to make new films with Iranian colleagues?
I would love to. I would really like to meet contemporary filmmakers. I work at the Tokyo University of Arts with links to several universities in Tehran. Iran and Japan should promote and expand academic cooperation in arts.
Presided over by Reza Mirkarimi, the 35th edition of Fajr International Film Festival is coming to a close on Friday, 28 April. Winners of this year’s competition will be announced on Thursday.
- Iranian film “Dressage” to attend Melbourne Film Festival
- “Majan” wins Zanzibar International Film Festival’s award
- Iranian films win 3 awards at Armenia’s Golden Apricot Festival
- Asghar Farhadi to preside over jury panel at Golden Apricot Festival
- Exhibitions in commemoration of Abbas Kiarostami held in 5 cities
- “Track 143” to go on public screens in china
- Iranian delegation to attend Cannes filmfest
- Cinemacinema Poll: Viewers Select Top Cannes Filmfest Posters
- Expert believes economy dominates art at Cannes festival
- An Iranian native well-adjusted in Japanese world
- 50 Countries, 110 Students to Take Part in FIFF 2018 Film Making Workshops
- Two important awards of TIFF go to Iranian film “No Date, No Signature”
- More Discount Tickets for FIFF Club Members
- 77th international award for Abbas Kiarostami in his 77th birthday
- Mirkarimi, Filmmakers Discuss FIFF 2018
- Strong presence of Iranians at Dhaka film festival
- Iran holds 1st film festival in Malaysia
- “Damascus Time” to be screen in Berlin
- Farhadi’s new film screened in France from May 9
- Hamed Behdad wins best actor award at Malaysia Golden Global
- Fajr Film Festival dinner party at Ferdowsi Hotel, Tehran
- Fajr International Film Festival’s 2017 Closing Ceremony in Pictures
- Sixth day of Fajr Film Festival
- Fajr Film Festival’s international guests on a Tehran-walking tour
- Iranian Cinema Is Inspirational, Powerful
- Film Industry Is Instrumental in Shaping the Social Culture – Barbara Lorey
- Shogo Yokoyama: Japan and Iran Should Promote Academic Cooperation in Art