The awards ceremony for the 35th Fajr International Film Festival took place on Thursday evening, 27 April, at Tehran’s Vahdat Hall, with all the winners, as they were announced.
In attendance were Culture Minister Seyyed Reza Salehi Amiri, Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, Director of Iranian Cinema Organization Mohammad Mehdi Heydarian, plus a large number of A-list Iranian and foreign film directors, producers, critics, journalists, academics, and stars.
Addressing the participants, Fajr festival director Seyyed Reza Mirkarimi said: I would like to extend my gratitude to all those who worked round the clock to help me make this up-and-coming event possible. We are now more than ever determined to turn Fajr International Film Festival into an annual event for those who are vying for global peace, justice and dignity both in their films and in their workings.
Hosted by prominent actor Ashkan Khatibi, the ceremony was broadcast live in both English and Persian languages.
Full List of Winners:
International Competition (Cinema of Salvation)
Golden Simorgh for Best Film: The Home, Asghar Yousefinejad, Iran
Silver Simorgh for Best Director: Ivan D. Gaona, Guilty Men, Colombia
Silver Simorgh for Best Actress: Margita Gosheva, Glory, Bulgaria
Silver Simorgh for Best Actor: Stefan Denolyubov, Glory, Bulgaria
Silver Simorgh for Best Script: The Home, Asghar Yousefinejad, Iran
Silver Simorgh for Special Jury Prize – Art Direction and Cinematography: Zhu Jinjing (Cinematography), Wang Tou (Art Director), Mr. No Problem, (China, France)
Silver Simorgh for Best Short Film: Online Shopping, Ghasideh Golmakani, Iran
Jury: Florian Gallenberger (Germany), Jessica Woodworth (USA), Lech Majewski (Poland), Mieko Harada (Japan), Uberto Pasolini (Italy), Fatemah Motamed-Aria (Iran), and Rasoul Sadrameli (Iran).
Muhammad Al Ameen Award
Babaei, Mozaffar Hosseinkhani Hezaveh, Iran
Asian Film Awards
Best Asian Film: Returnee, Sabit Kurmanbekov, Kazakhstan
Best Asian Director: Shahrbanoo Sadat, Wolf and Sheep, Afghanistan/Denmark/France/Sweden
Best Asian Short Film: Not Yet, Arian Vazirdaftari, Iran
Jury: Hamida Omarova (Azerbaijan), Omirbaev Darezhan Karazhanovich (Kazakhstan), Zeki Demirkubuz (Turkey), Nejib Ayed (Tunisia), and Kamal Tabrizi (Iran).
Knife in the Clear Water, Wang Xuebo, China
Jury: Michał Legan (Poland), Katia Malatesta (Italy), and Hojatollah Ayoubi (Iran).
The Home, Asghar Yousefinejad, Iran
Jury: Anne Demy-Geroe (Australia), Rolando B. Tolentino (Philipines), and Houshang Golmakani (Iran).
- Iranian film “Dressage” to attend Melbourne Film Festival
- “Majan” wins Zanzibar International Film Festival’s award
- Iranian films win 3 awards at Armenia’s Golden Apricot Festival
- Asghar Farhadi to preside over jury panel at Golden Apricot Festival
- Exhibitions in commemoration of Abbas Kiarostami held in 5 cities
- “Track 143” to go on public screens in china
- Iranian delegation to attend Cannes filmfest
- Cinemacinema Poll: Viewers Select Top Cannes Filmfest Posters
- Expert believes economy dominates art at Cannes festival
- An Iranian native well-adjusted in Japanese world
- 50 Countries, 110 Students to Take Part in FIFF 2018 Film Making Workshops
- Two important awards of TIFF go to Iranian film “No Date, No Signature”
- More Discount Tickets for FIFF Club Members
- 77th international award for Abbas Kiarostami in his 77th birthday
- Mirkarimi, Filmmakers Discuss FIFF 2018
- Strong presence of Iranians at Dhaka film festival
- Iran holds 1st film festival in Malaysia
- “Damascus Time” to be screen in Berlin
- Farhadi’s new film screened in France from May 9
- Hamed Behdad wins best actor award at Malaysia Golden Global
- Fajr Film Festival dinner party at Ferdowsi Hotel, Tehran
- Fajr International Film Festival’s 2017 Closing Ceremony in Pictures
- Sixth day of Fajr Film Festival
- Fajr Film Festival’s international guests on a Tehran-walking tour
- Iranian Cinema Is Inspirational, Powerful
- Film Industry Is Instrumental in Shaping the Social Culture – Barbara Lorey
- Shogo Yokoyama: Japan and Iran Should Promote Academic Cooperation in Art